Permanent Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanent Legends

World of Warcraft Guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vista Users

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Vista Users Empty
PostSubject: Vista Users   Vista Users Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:16 am

Ive been using Vista for a few months, with terrible lag in some parts of the game.

Tonight i learned that by running WoW as an Administrator (Right click icon, run as admin), i get no lag whatsoever and am able to run at full detail. Something about running it normally makes Vista run a secondary program to monitor the applications actions, which causes insane UI lag.

Hope this helps if anyone out there has had this problem with vista.
Back to top Go down
Radian
Admin
Radian

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Vista Users Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista Users   Vista Users Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:47 pm

I bellieve from what i read , vista tends to be hard to keep proformance up for gaming. Vista is known to have lower FPS during gaming. I guess it really depends on overall system. My system runs great and I choose not make a switch for a long time. (with force)

I think Hado is running duel OS and has seen some of these issues , but I'm not sure what all they were.
Back to top Go down
http://armory.mmo-champion.com.nyud.net:8080/sig.php/363182uTFxg

Vista Users Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista Users   Vista Users Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:09 pm

My old PC uses XP, and i didnt upgrade to Vista on it.

I bought a new laptop and the only thing they came with by default was Vista Sad

It has its good things about it, but most of the new stuff they added is just dumb. Makes me feel like theyre trying to dumb down computer interfaces so any 12 year old can use it.
Back to top Go down
Hadoredic
Admin
Hadoredic

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Vista Users Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista Users   Vista Users Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 am

I did attempt to run XP and Vista in a dual boot setup at one point..btw never ever try to do that. Mainly Vista tried to dominate permissions over XP. Anyway, what Ing is saying makes sense because by default on Vista users are not in the Administrator group, even if you tell it in setup to do so. I added myself to the group by logging into safe mode with the built in Administrator account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vista Users Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista Users   Vista Users Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vista Users
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Permanent Legends :: Guild Topics :: General Chatter-
Jump to: