Permanent Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanent Legends

World of Warcraft Guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrior Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadoredic
Admin
Hadoredic

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Warrior Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Discussion   Warrior Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:21 pm

This is the build I have at level 65:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-talents.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Hador

I like this spec but I haven't tanked any instances in Outland yet so I don't know how effective those talent points put into prot will be. The main thing that annoys me atm is the talent "Poleaxe Specialization" does not appear to increase crit chance using axes by 5%. When I had the Hellreaver, my crit was like 21%. Now with the Honed Voidaxe (even though it has more agi and therefore more crit than the Hellreaver) it went down to 17%. The only conclusion I can come to is the talent is bugged and does not work on 2h axes.
Back to top Go down
CaliWood

CaliWood

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Warrior Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Discussion   Warrior Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:37 am

Protection is what I was 1-70 and its great for Instances/Dungeons and Raids. Not great for PVP and Questing. I don't like questing which was perfect. I would like to do more PVP and just delaying respecing since building up A Paladin now which will be great for PVP and I want to Tank Kara with the Spec I have been setup with now forever.

Enchanting to twink your tank helps alot to as I'm sure it does with all toon types.

Taunt, Sunder, Devestate!
Back to top Go down
Koops

Warrior Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Discussion   Warrior Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 5:23 am

For some explaination, let me explain why it depends on your shield block value.

Dodge, parry, and misses are 100% damage evaders, you take absolutely zero damage.

Block is a flat amount of damage removed from the total damage dealt.

Normally, you would think that zero damage far outweighs shaving off a few damage, but ill explain why this is not so.

First and foremost, whenever you block, you CANNOT get a crushing blow on that swing. This makes warriors the easiest class to make uncrushable, as with improved shield block, (and roughly a 22-25% shield block percent) you can just keep using the shield block ability, and be uncrushable for 8 seconds, or two swings, not to mention shaving off your shield block value x 2 in damage, meaning a block value of 200 saves you 400 health every time you use it, not to mention an asston more if one would have crushed you.

The other reason shield block is nice, is because it scales with gear in effectiveness, as you get more shield block value on many pieces of gear. (especially new shields) The 31 prot ability, Shield Slam, is DIRECTLY affected by how much your shield block value modifier is. A warrior with a shield block value of roughly 350-400 can make a shield slam crit for as much as a Mortal Strike Warrior with a blacksmithing epic two hander.

Shield slam is THE highest base threat ability in the game. It serves as a great way to get extra threat quickly, and can also serve as a fantastic way to grind with, in a mixture of +Block Value and crit gear. Ive only gotten up to 218 block value (properly talented, see the second specc in my previous post) and ive crit cloth mobs for 1200 about 20% of the time, in my mixture of block value/crit gear.

Hope this explains a bit.
Back to top Go down
Koops

Warrior Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Update on Crushings   Warrior Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 am

After doing some research, my arguement above was slightly flawed.

You do not need 25% block.

What you DO need, is a combined 27.4% by adding up your Miss, Parry, and Dodge.

By having 490 defense, and the 5 points in deflection, you could have 0% block, and still become uncrushable with shield block up.

However, I cant stress the usage of +shield block VALUE.

It makes shield slam the greatest threat generating ability in the game once you get 400 or so of it. On top of shaving off damage on an attack that could potentially kill you. (Not to mention once you hit 400, you can literally take zero damage from normal mode 5 mans since you can completely block their attacks)

Once you hit 500 some, you can effectively grind quests and mobs. I crit 1.2k shield slams (without impale from Arms tree) on cloth type mobs.
Back to top Go down
Glaze

Warrior Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Discussion   Warrior Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:12 am

Am I the only one that thinks that was not in English? Cause I didn't catch a word he said....LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Koops

Warrior Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Discussion   Warrior Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Sorry, i MAY have had my Gutterspeak language on at the time ; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warrior Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Discussion   Warrior Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrior Discussion
Page 1 of 1