Permanent Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanent Legends

World of Warcraft Guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!

Go down 
+3
CaliWood
Hadoredic
Bethell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bethell
Admin
Bethell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Empty
PostSubject: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:45 pm

I have noticed that in PUGs and guild runs that our warrior tanks have issues holding aggro on 2 or more mobs. People just believe that warriors cannot tank multiple targets. This is not true. Say we have raid marked one mob as a skull for main tank, an X for the 2nd to kill, and a Circle for 3rd. We can Shield Slam the skull for about 1k threat, and thunderclap to get some aggro on the others. We can then sunder the skull and sunder the X while hitting revenge and cleave along with demo shout and thunderclap as needed to keep it up to hold aggro. This is good enough aggro to keep them on the tank if everyone is attacking the same thing. The problems I notice are that we dont give tanks enough time to get good enough aggro before starting in DPS and swiching to the next target to down before the Main tanked mob is dead. This wont allow the tank to keep up enough aggro.

If we learn more about how warrior aggro works and what spells to use to use for different situations, our runs would go a lot smoother. Here is a link to a tank website to read up on it. Everyone should do at least a little reading and be open to trying new style of play. The basic spamming sunders does not hold aggro like it did back pre-BC.

http://www.tankspot.com
Back to top Go down
Bethell
Admin
Bethell

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:22 pm

Has anyone even read this?
Back to top Go down
Hadoredic
Admin
Hadoredic

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:27 am

I actually read this last night on the warrior forum. Everyone does need to read it, especially so they know while paladins can generate more aggro, warriors can hold multiple mobs, just takes longer to get going with it.
Back to top Go down
Bethell
Admin
Bethell

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks for reading it Hado. See, we can hold multiple mobs when given the time.
Back to top Go down
CaliWood

CaliWood

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:13 pm

What if you enjoy chaos? I mean if every battle is scripted a certain way it gets boring. pirat
Back to top Go down
Artillo

Artillo

Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:30 pm

It will help a LOT if everyone installs the mod called KLHThreatMeter, as it will show who has the most aggro gain in the party. I use it often to make sure my aggro level doesn't go over my pet's aggro so the mobs attack Bubba instead of me, but it can be used similarly wirh any warriors in the party.
Back to top Go down
http://www.artillodesign.com
Bethell
Admin
Bethell

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 1:48 am

Yep, we use it and is required for Kara.
Back to top Go down
Radian
Admin
Radian

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:51 pm

I've been reading this quite a bit:study: . I think we should all take a close look at it.scratch Also discovered a cool mod that may be useful for the other tanks out there. TankPoints is the name, check it out! Also another mod we may all want to check out us Threat 1.0 / Omen (which someone in the guild talked about before awhile back not sure who) Reading more about KTM which seems to be a memory / cpu killer so I 've heard.

Rad
Back to top Go down
http://armory.mmo-champion.com.nyud.net:8080/sig.php/363182uTFxg
maudd

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:29 am

Omen is still in beta and has some bugs. Overall its working but sometimes it will glitch out on ya.
Back to top Go down
Bethell
Admin
Bethell

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 1:56 pm

I use omen and so far so good for me.
Back to top Go down
Artillo

Artillo

Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:35 pm

yea omen is da bomb, switched to it a while back
Back to top Go down
http://www.artillodesign.com
Deathlok

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:57 pm

I prefer Omen and I used it when I did main tanking for epic raids and now I use it on my side characters because its fun to see how close my lok can get to my pets hate without over doing it.

I agree though as playing a heavy protection spec/defense maxed tank that people seem to forget even if we are set up right we still need intial starting rage because potions are a pain to carry all the time since they dont stack very high and are best saved on bosses. Far as trash mobs though I can spam devastate like you wouldnt believe and keep hate however it still takes intial rage to do even 1 devastate plus taking 3-4 min to offset the BC godly dps that everyone has hehe. So coming from a retired tank I can agree that nothing will make a raid smoother than having more people understand the basic dynamics of hate management or that running circles makes it nigh impossible for a tank to effectively regain hate. I let so many mage die because they wanted to blink around or run away from me when they spam fireball and get hate.

Anyhow again I prefer Omen especially now that its compatible with KTM so with Omen your good no matter what other people use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!   Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aggro Info. Everyone needs to read this!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Permanent Legends :: Guild Topics :: Class Discussion-
Jump to: