Permanent Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanent Legends

World of Warcraft Guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Tanking" The Order Of Things (Questions)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Radian
Admin
Radian

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-30

"Tanking"  The Order Of  Things (Questions) Empty
PostSubject: "Tanking" The Order Of Things (Questions)   "Tanking"  The Order Of  Things (Questions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Someting i pick up along the way...I was wonder how everyone else started there fight. Read this 1st, let me know what your order is Question

I myself use Bloodrage , shield slam, thunder clap, revenge, atleast i try to keep this order, also depends what I'm pulling too. I do also throw some blocks in there too. I will have to note exactly what i do.

Quote:

The correct sequence
The true art of warrior tanking is to use these (and the other) abilities for maximum effect. Generally, a tank should never simply use the autoattack, but should be using an ability every global cooldown if at all possible. Prior to the start of every fight, warriors should use Bloodrage. During the pull, it's a good idea to activate shield block, to make sure revenge will be available as early as possible. Since Revenge has a five second cooldown, and the global cooldown is 1.5 seconds, it's a good idea to get used to a regular pattern which uses revenge every 6 seconds. While rage is low, such a pattern would look like this:

Revenge
Sunder
Shield bash
Sunder

This should be repeated until plenty of rage is available, then shield bash should be replaced by shield slam. The sunders should be replaced by devastate as soon as five sunders are stacked on the target. If more rage is available, as many heroic strikes should be added as possible. In the end the sequence would look something like this:

Revenge
Heroic strike
Devastate
Heroic strike
Shield Slam
Heroic strike
Devastate
Heroic strike
This is still a six seconds sequence, and it will create the maximum possible aggro.

Rad
Back to top Go down
http://armory.mmo-champion.com.nyud.net:8080/sig.php/363182uTFxg
Bethell
Admin
Bethell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-04-30

"Tanking"  The Order Of  Things (Questions) Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Tanking" The Order Of Things (Questions)   "Tanking"  The Order Of  Things (Questions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:49 pm

Thats a little bit different than what I do. Sunder Armor is useless now and should not even be on your hot bar. Use Devastate instead.

I Pop bloodrage then pull. Then I:

For Trash:

Shield Slam
Shield Block
Devastate
Revenge And repeat

For Bosses:

Shied Slam
Shield Block
Revenge
Thunderclap
Demo Shout
Devastate
Shield Slam
Shield block and repeat, while only refreshing Thunderclap and Demo Shout when needed.

If I am tank 2-4 mobs,I spam Thunder Clap every time its up, and I refresh Demo Shout when needed.

more than 4 mobs I use TC to hold four and I'll Shield Slam the 5th as much as I can while focusing on the main mob.

If anyone is tanking, I really suggest Imp Thunderclap! I swear by it when tanking more than 2 mobs. Also, ALWAYS try to keep shield block up to keep from being crushed. Mitigation is strong point of warriors. Keep up your debuffs!
Back to top Go down

"Tanking" The Order Of Things (Questions)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Permanent Legends :: Guild Topics :: Class Discussion-
Jump to: